Sunday, March 29, 2009

Excuse me - this isn't what I had in mind!

Just last week I posted :"Bring on Spring!" with this adorable picture of Brooke enjoying the sunshine on her swingset. This morning we took the picture of aforementioned swingset shown in the header picture. This not what I had in mind. It was a horribly wet, heavy snow. Our power blinked on and off several times Sunday morning. We had a few limbs down and lost the tree on the corner of our lot, next to the shed. It split right down the middle. Ah - did I mention...the boys both have BASEBALL practice tomorrow? That will be interresting!
These are our three crab-apple trees. Poor things were dragging the ground. I am suprised we didn't loose more limbs and trees. Alex went out before church and tried to clear some of the snow from a few of our skinny pine trees that were bent in half.
Even though I am totally NOT in the mood for this, I must admit - it was absolutely gorgeous. Our drive to church looked like a fairy-tale-village. I am VERY happy however that the snow has been short lived. Our driveway has already melted clear and I am sure the rest will be gone tomorrow. Do you think we will get one last snow before Spring finally settles in? Who knows, I wouldn't be suprised.

I haven't posted in a while because I have been working on my deadline for RBP's VBS 2010. I forgot to post these pix of Grant in his school music concert. He did so well and looked cute. The theme was "Whether the Weather" and Grant's class was supposed to represent the humid days of summer. So he went in his Hawaiian shirt, khakis and flip-flops.

Some of you might remember the tale of last year's school concert. When Grant was in Kindergarten he freaked out with a horrible case of stage fright. He got on the risers, started to sing, only to burst into tears and come running to me. He begged me not to make him go back up there! The principal was able to coax him back and he stood on the edge of the group while holding back tears. WELL... this year was much better. He had a great time. No stage fright. In fact, Grant informed us that he would like to audition for a CYT show next fall. Hmmmmm...this was news to me. We shall have to see if he still has the desire come this fall. Untill then, we will just gear up for baseball season.




1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL PICTURE! I love the shot of the snow on the swingset. You should enter it in some sort of contest. Or maybe send it into your local news station?
    I hope the snow is over SOON! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete