Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We're Flying!

Last night was our first dress rehearsal. The sets need a few finishing touches (note the missing curtains at the center window) and the backdrops are still being hung (should be solid black behind the walls). But it was fun to see everyone in costume/makeup. I hope many of your will be able to come to the show. It is really neat.
"We'll jump on the wind's back and away we'll go!" exclaimed Peter. "But first, let me blow the fairy dust on you. Now think lovely thoughts." After much guessing, Michael blurts out "Christmas?" only to be launched into the air. "Look Mommy, I flewed" cried Michael.Trent is absolutely loving the fly-sequence. He gets to play "football" - a fly move in which "John" and "Wendy" form aerial "goalposts" with their arms and "Michael" (Trent) flies throught the goalpost. I am pleased to report that the flying is not as hard as I had feared. My tricepts are a little stiff today, but I have the blessing of flying the lightest of the cast members!

Mr. Darling, Michael and Wendy discuss the taking of Michael's medicine.

Mr. Darling (also Captain Hook) gives fatherly advice to his youngest son, Michael.
Keep checking the blog. I know some of these pix are dark, but I had to give my camera to a girl in the audience since I can't photograph while I am flying Trent. I will try to put some pix of the indians, swordfights, and Tinkerbell on later.



1 comment:

  1. Dawn,
    You have quite a performer on your hands! What a neat talent for him to be cultivating at such a young age.
    Brook has turned into quite a little lady, er, princes?!
    And Grant in gymnastics! You DO have a busy schedule!
    I really like your background; it is really fun!
    It is good to catch up with your family again!

    ReplyDelete