Monday, May 18, 2009

Catching Up - Part 2

Spring at the Bauman home: To update you on my "tulip saga": These are in front of the house and the animals leave them alone because the motion-detector porch light comes on and scares them away. But, my side tulips DID survive the rabbit invasion. They were a little later to bloom but they were fine...untill - the deer got them. Alex had covered them with chicken wire, but they grew so high that he had to take the cover off. A few days later I discovered all the heads eaten off half the bed. Lesson learned: taller fence next year.
I love tulips, but these three crab-apple trees are the favorite part of our yard every spring. I just wish they lasted longer. Now look closely and you can see the two "visitors" that also enjoyed the crab-apple trees...

They were on a "date". The male was going through his courting dance for days! No, we do not live on a wildlife preserve, but with the menagerie that passes through our yard, you would think so.

Mother's Day - Brooke and I sang "Cherish the Moment". It was a sweet tear-jerker. I have learned to cry and sing at the same time.


And lastly - here is my "ground's crew" hard at work. Grant LOVES to work in the yard with Daddy.
Now - I think I have covered at least 2 1/2 weeks of events. Trent participates in his school Talent Show this Thursday, so that will probably be the next post. Bye for now.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Neat to see all that you have been up to! I would LOVE to have heard your Mother's Day song! Bet that was beautiful! Has Brooke sung with you before? Love your fountain in your yard too! Very pretty!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete