Monday, May 18, 2009

Catching Up - Part 1

Hi Everyone! I did not fall off the face of the earth! I have been working feverishly toward my writing deadline for RBP and finished it up a week ago. Then last week I just had to catch up on all the daily demands that I had pushed to the back burner: mountains of laundry, forms to fill out, insurance claims to sort through, and general household cleaning. So...here is what we have been up to: In late April we rode the Metra train down to Chicago and saw Mary Poppins. Trent had earned his ticket free through his Christian Youth Theater organization. Then the rest of us were able to buy in for a very low cost. The theater was gracious enough to even make accomodations for Brooke. She and I got to sit in the second row! Alex and the boys had to sit in the nose-bleed section (that's why our tickets were "low cost"). It was a beautiful show - come on, it's MARY POPPINS! "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" was fantastic and our favorite was the "Step in Time" where "Bert" tapdanced on the ceiling! Of course, Trent and I loved it because we knew it was all done by fly-wires - something we have experienced first-hand!

I left the post up of Trent pitching for so long, I figured it was time to give Grant his due:
Too adorable - ready to go knock one out of the park!


Now look who's pitching! I was so proud of him! He got to pitch for one inning and he did great! I think he has learned quite a bit from listening to Alex coach Trent on his pitching. Grant has such a teachable spirit and he always tries his best. In fact - he did such a great job...

His coach gave him the game-ball!!! Oh, Grant was on cloud 9!
Scroll on down to the next post: Catching Up - Part 2....



No comments:

Post a Comment