Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Throwing the Heat! (well, almost)

Last night Trent had his very first chance on the pitcher's mound. (My favorite part of this picture is his look of concentration and his dimple showing all at the same time.) He has practiced throughout the winter by throwing a t-ball at a target which he drew on the inside of the garage wall with sidewalk chalk. He determinded that he really wanted to pitch this year. Alex has helped him some and as long as he keeps his eye on the catcher's mitt, he delivers fairly well. He struck a guy out last night and that made him pretty proud. The coach even gave him the "game ball". This is a really big accomplishment for Trent. Wow, I'm tearing up. I would have paid a million dollars to see this picture 9 years ago when we sat by his bed in the NICU wondering what kind of future this fragile little baby could have. But, as always, God's grace was sufficient. He didn't make show me a picture, He just gave me His hand as we walked through the trial together.
Okay -enough seriousness, now for some silliness....
Before dinner tonight, I sent Brooke and Grant upstairs to play so Trent could finish a book report at the table without distractions. They were so good and so quiet. Finally, I realized that they had been up there a long time. When I went to check on them this is what I found...

I believe this is the first Q-tip and beauty product sculpture I have ever seen. Would someone please explain to me why we buy TOYS for our children? Grant informed me that it was an "ant house" complete with TV antenna. I didn't post the picture, but after the sculpture was finished, Grant went on to spell out his and Brooke's name in Q-tips across the bathroom floor. Perhaps someday they will get paid for their creativity!

2 comments:

  1. Such a good picture of Trent pitching! You could send that one into some sort of photo competition. We are so proud of how hard he has been working to improve his skill.
    You made me get teary eyed thinking about what God has done in Trent's life! He is truly a miracle.
    LOVE the bathroom art. Made me smile. I wonder what Benjamin & Joseph will come up with someday.
    Love you all - Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are precious pictures! I'd enlarge that pitching one and frame it!! Way to go Trent!

    BTW was there shaving cream smeared all over your bathroom?

    ReplyDelete