Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Trent's First Flight

Trent had a ball at his first "flight" lesson. He said his tummy did a "flip-flop" the first time the "flyer" "popped-n-dropped" him to the floor. We traveled to a little town southwest of us to meet in a theatrical special effects warehouse. THe ceilings aren't nearly as high as they will be in the theater. In the shot above, Trent was working on his aeriel postrure: shoulders back, chest high, chin slightly up.
I am behind the camera on these shots, but I got to do a lot of practice at flying him. Notice the ladder behind the gentleman knealing on the ground: He has the other end of the line. We actually jump off the ladders and pull to the ground to get the desired height. Thank goodness he's LIGHT. Getting him off the ground is not hard, it's all in the landing. I find it hard to control and get it smooth. We move into the theater Sunday and have a 5 hour aeriel correography rehearsal. Whew. I think I will be getting a workout! I can feel it in my quads and deltoids this morning. More pics of flying after Sunday. It is a really neat experience. It is like nothing I have ever done before and it is physically demanding but I actually enjoy the challenge and the thrill of it. Of course Trent is "soaring" with delight!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like SO MUCH FUN! I am praying God will keep Trent & Dawn both safe through this experience!

    ReplyDelete