Monday, February 2, 2009

Growing Up & Super Bowl XLIII Party

Last week was a pretty typical week for us. Monday is CYT class night & gymnastics for Grant. Tuesday evenings are usually free. Wednesday is Awana. Thursday is piano lesson for Trent. Friday night is Trent's rehearsal for Peter Pan. Saturday is rehearsal for Peter Pan and ballet/tap for Brooke. I try to work every afternoon while all the kids are in school. I also try to work when I take Trent to CYT class or rehearsal. I found a beautiful, huge, quiet library near the rehearsal site to work in. And of course Sunday is Sunday School and church. Alex and I both teach. I sing on worship team. I need to get a special music piece ready for next Sunday.

Brooke made a new and exciting step in growing up. She can zip her own coat now! Yipee! You moms out there understand how freeing it is to be able to say "get your coat on" and they can do it independently! I know this was expecially challenging for Brooke because the zipper is so small and she really has trouble seeing it. I think she has learned to do it mostly by feel. Now we just need to work on fastening the seatbelt!



Last night was our church Super Bowl party. Trent was into the game for the first time this year. Usually the kids just go for the fun and friends. Trent actually watched and cheered and was beginning to understand the game. (Actually, he was explaining things to me because I couldn't care less.) He was pretty disappointed with the outcome of the game, especially since the Card's made that really cool touchdown with a minute left to go in the game. He thought for sure Arizona was going to pull it off after all.
Grant was thrilled to win one of the raffle drawings. He won some football trading cards (one included a piece of a player's jersey). It was kind of a late night and the kids dropped into bed like rag-dolls.


Gotta run. I have a mountain of laundry and I haven't exercised yet this morning. I must, must, must work on my writing assignments every afternoon this week as I have a deadline fast approaching.
Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Have I every told you your children are beautiful (& handsome of course)! I will enjoy all the pictures you have time to post.

    Love the new blog background!

    Miss you all and hope you have a productive day.

    ReplyDelete