Sunday, January 25, 2009

Step Into My Office...


This is my office. The dining room table. My office also consists of one rolling file crate and a drawer in 3-drawer rolling plastic cart. Its a less-than-ideal set-up for someone in the publishing business. But I have learned to cope with my situation: I have learned to weed-out and only keep what is necessary. I have learned to block out distractions (my kids, the phone, the TV, my husband) by listening to classical music (thus the headphones, currently playing Vivaldi's Four Seasons). When I do have a couple of quiet hours I have learned to be efficient and not spend time on petty things - every minute counts! Now, that said, working at home does have it's perks: short commute, great "career" attire (note my new bathrobe!), flexible hours and no daycare fees! I really enjoy writing. It is fun to have a lesson come together as I write. Its cool to see my ideas in print. And I love being able to teach what I have written. I am thankful that God has provided this occupation for me. It fits my season of life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Dawn! Judy Z. gave me the link your blog.I have thought about blogging but don't know when I would find the time. Maybe someday... Anyway, it is great to hear that your family is doing well. I will follow your blog.
    Love,
    Laurie N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there- I added the Followers gadget to my blog, but mine appears at the very bottom of the page. I added a books read gadget too and that's at the bottom. I see yours and Debi's is on the side. Any idea how I can change mine?

    ReplyDelete