Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Brooke!

It is hard to believe that you are FIVE years old, Princess. I love you so much. In some ways, I wish I could keep you little forever. I love your innocence, imagination, and joy. I am thankful for your congenial spirit and determination despite your vision challenges. I love to hear you sing your created songs about everything under the sun. I love to watch as you "read books" to your dollies with the book turned out like you are the teacher. I love how you can dress up and play pretend with absolutely no one else around.
But even though I mourn the loss of my "baby-girl", I celebrate each milestone and step of independence. You make me look forward to each day like it is a new adventure. Thank you for blessing my life with the gift of YOU.
XOXO,
Mommy
Brooke celebrated her 5th birthday on Sunday evening, August 16th. She invited 5 friends to share her special day. I made a small 8x8 cake. The theme was "Tinkerbell". Daddy bought her a beautiful costume to wear at her party.

Mckenzie, Jenna, Sophia, Brooke, Brooklynn, and Maia

This was such a fun "girly" party. I always enjoy the little girls. They are very easy to entertain. After dinner, we decorated fairy wings. I cut wing shapes from pink poster board. The girls glued on sequins, beads, bells, glitter, and stickers. I punched holes in the posterboard and tied them on with grosgrain ribbon. None of the pictures turned out of the wings. They were so cute. Then we played some outdoor games like "Pixie Parade" (cake walk concept - winner got a bottle of bubbles to blow and the game continued.) and "Tinkerbell Tag" (if you were tagged, you had to go to Neverland and say "I do believe in fairies" five times in order to be set free.)
Then we came inside for "Fairy Flutter" (musicial chairs - except when a girl got "out" she got to get a Tinkerbell tattoo).

We finished with presents and cake. Then the wings were dry so the girls put them on and went outside to blow bubbles and "flutter" around as the parents arrived. It was so much fun and the girls were all so adorable.

2 comments:

  1. OH, HOW FUN!!!! I would have LOVED going to a party like this when I was little! Good job Mom! and Happy birthday Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke - I loved everything about this party! So Fun!!! I love you & am sooooo happy you had such a great party.

    Dawn - I love your sweet letter to Brooke she will love reading it in the future.

    ReplyDelete