Friday, June 5, 2009

Street-hockey and Rainbows

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. There just isn't much new or exciting to write about. We are just keeping up with life. This is Trent in street hockey goalie gear. Funny, huh? There are some middle-school boys that play street-hockey in our cul-de-sac. Trent has taken an interrest in hockey as his teacher, Mr. Miron, is a big hockey fanatic. So, one day, the neighbor boy was just out knocking the ball around. He asked Trent if he wanted to play. I think this is hysterical as the gear is bigger than he is. But he had a ball. Grant soon got up the courage to join in. Now they play every so often when the weather is nice.
Speaking of weather...we have had a really wet spring. The other day it reached into the mid 70's, then the wind changed, dropped 20 degrees, poured rain and then the sun came out and gave us a rainbow.
I am thankful for God's promise to never leave us or give up on us. Life has been challenging these past few weeks. Alex has been working ridiculously long hours again trying to meet printer deadlines. We haven't really seen or talked to him in a month. Its getting hard to be a single parent. I don't know how he is going to possibly get it all done, but somehow he always does. The kids really miss him. I'm not very good at being mom AND dad.
Then this week my left eye has been irritated. I finally couldn't stand it and went to the doc. I have a Corneal abrasion (scratched my eyeball). Probably got dirt in it at the ballfield and rubbed it. So now I have antibiotic eye drops. Fun.
Other than that, things are pretty much status-quo:
* boys still in baseball
* Kids still in school till June 17
* I'm garage saling each weekend. Found several good deals already. Brooke is set with a fall wardrobe and the boys are set with jeans, snowpants and boots.
* Grant still goes to Rodent Club every-other Wednesday and loves it. Rodents galore!
That's about it. Hanging in there.


1 comment:

  1. Rodent Club???? Did I miss this? What exactly does one do at rodent club????

    Rainbow is beautiful- I saw one the other day as well.

    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete